Harold George #49: Ardour Character Design


Okay, so I was going through my sketchbooks and archives of days of old and found this character called Ardour® that I created a while back to be featured in one of my fictional comic book stor. At least at that time they were fictional, now they are actually going to be come a fact (the comic books that is, not the character). Everyone dreams of super powers or superheroes to be a part of your team. I always wanted a group like the X-men but never really wanted any of their powers, except for Telekinesis. I was really intrigued by Firestorm from DC, and I remember looking at a match one day and seeing how it burned and said: "Hey, why don't I make a character that looks like a match?" Enter Ardour®.


It's a been a very long time since I created this character and since then I have actually began to publish pages of my own Comic Book in which some of these characters from my old notebook are featured. Ardour® won't be featured in The Show but he sure as hell was fun to re-draw. Oh yeah, that's another thing I like to do, is redraw things that I find in my old notebooks. As you can tell, I have really changed my style. I have applied everything I have learned about design work and implemented it in my drawings. Simple designs seem to work better and thus, simple drawings tend to give me more freedom when I create and draw a character over and over and over again. I hope you guys enjoy this image and please comment. Don't forget to sign up for this blog if you want to be updated. Thanks

...and that's the artist truth.
-Harold

If you'd like to ask me a question just email me or leave me a comment down below, I'll make sure to publish the answer in one of my truths.

If you'd like to sign up and receive the Artist Truth directly to your inbox, please click here, and as always, thank you for reading my truth.

For a more in-depth view of my artwork, check out my artbook.



Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts