Harold George #42: Where do you find inspiration?


Where do you find inspiration?

Well, it all depends on what I am doing. If I am drawing for a comic strip, then my usual suspects are Toonhole, Cyanide and Happiness, Two Guys and Guy, and Garfield. Just checking these out help me not only start the drawing process, but also give me ideas on my next comic strip. They are hilarious and the artwork is extremely well done. 

If I am drawing comic pages, mostly a good anime would do the trick, but I also look at other artist artwork like Jim Lee (freaking number 1), Humberto Ramos, Scottie Young, Alvin Lee (took a class online with this dude), Chris Bacchalo and others. Still, manga and Anime are my main source of inspiration. Just watching characters like Eren, from Attack on Titan, fly through the air from all sorts of camera angles makes me want to pause, pick up a pen and draw. 

When it's designing that I've stepped into, the inspiration comes from a plethora of places. If it's logos, then I jump into Brands of The World. If it's web design or any other kind of design, usually a quick google search does the trick. Just scrolling through awesome design work done by great artists will inspire an idea of some sort. 

I also get my inspiration from real life, like the drawings of my family above. 

...And that's the artist truth. 

If you'd like to ask a question, drop me an email, or send me a message. I'd love to hear your questions. 

Thank you for following this blog, and for your support. I love you all. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts