Harold George #6: Getting Older


The Reality
Just the other day I watched a show where I saw The Six Million Dollar Man featured. For those of you who are too young to remember Steve Austin, who also played The Fall Guy on TV, here's a link. Anyway, the guy was playing a father/grandfather. And just looking at him made me feel old. Also, McGuyver was on the show and he was also old and fat. Well, at last a bit heavier than I remembered him. It kind of made me feel old. All the celebrities I used to watch on TV or listen to on the radio are all dying off.

The Realization
I didn't realize that this is what happens when you get old; that people around you start dropping like flies after getting zapped by bug zappers. Mom probably went through the same thing. It's a sad feeling to know that you are on the same path.

The Resolution
I'm grateful to have lived in this era and met the people I've met, though. I guess until someone invents a time machine and I can travel through time and experience what other eras were like, THIS one is a-ok with me. It's the only one I've ever really known. That's what one of my resolutions is going to be, to be grateful. I'm grateful for many things already but I'm going to make gratitude come out of my pores like sweat.

The Revamp
Injustice. This is the where I added the pencil touches attempt to etch out with greater detail, the lines I put down with my light pencil. All the sketches were done in Photoshop using a cintiq.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my journal. If you have any comments or questions, you can leave them in the comment box below or just email me.



Comments

Popular Posts